The role of the kitchen at home is essential. When we make a reference to the heart of the home, is none other but the kitchen. As such, keeping the kitchen as the most treated part of the home seems to be fundamental. That’s why kitchen design has much to do with how the heart of the home could look like, and how to play it up.
Kitchen design has to proceed on a basis: how and what for we are using the kitchen.
Firstly, we have to define the key parts of the kitchen, these have been defined in 5 areas by the best kitchen designers:
- Pantry: the cupboard for provisions and food, and so home appliances to preserve them: fridge, freezer, etc.
- Warehousing: brooms, mops, pads, vacuums and all the required elements for a good performance.
- Sink: cleaning are for the own kitchen tools.
- Preparation: reserved space for worktops, lunch tables and generally working in the kitchen.
- Cooking: kitchen tools with a high electricity consumption and dedicated to the food elaboration, the basic fuction of the kitchen.
These 5 areas in a well-designed kitchen, perfectly complement and don’t generate any space or use problems while working simultaneously. Yo can reach an efficient use of the kitchen. Also, we have to recall that 3 of these 5 areas are fundamental for kitchens with urgent needs of space. And these are: Preparation, cooking and sink.
To design and build properly your kitchen requires of a measuring precise work. And also, of a perfect unison between the architect and the furniture designer, especially if it’s about a new construction.
That’s why we want to give some unfailing advices so your kitchen design becomes a resounding success:
- Knowing the room you’re working at: apart from checking the previous conditions of it, in order to solve moisture problems or ventilation issues, to buy the right sized furniture for our kitchen.
- Stay within the budget: if we dont’ want to exceed our initial budget with last-minute details, we have to keep an expenditure control in order to meet what we first thought.
- The triangle of work: preparation, cooking and sink will guide the first line of functionality in our new kitchen.
- Define you style: the designer is an expert, and normally respects your tastes and help you to define your idea.
- Security: if we have childen or pets at home, we have to avoid dangerous shapes at low parts of furnitures which could damage to the little ones. Also, regarding ventilation and closures, we have to check that the kitchen meets security and energy efficiency standards.
But we know our brand new kitchen would look better if we could represent it off-plan without the need of turning to a professional. That’s why nowadays we have at the market some free apps to help you to represent your future kitchen.
Here we leave list with 10 websites for kitchen design:
In order to create and share interactive plans on line. With Floorplanner you can recreate your home, garden or office in just two clicks. And you can also add furniture to your plans with its great object library.
Looking for an improvement at user experience, IKEA created this tool. Like this, each customer becomes his/her own kitchen designer. And once you have your design done you can print it at home or take it to the shop and start your home’s assembly!
This is one of the most popular and used interior design softwares. It offers an specific module for the kitchen, finishings with 3D and it has an app for your Smartphone.
It offers three-dimensional and renderings designs. It isn’t easy to use, but the finishings for a free app, are more than good.
It’s another webpage with mobile version. It has a very good approval among individuals and interior designers. It has very complete design options.
This one meets its functions perfectly well. Although it’s a bit limited for kitchen design itself. It’s more responsive with desktop version.
The best thing about this tool is that it offers prepared templates for editing. But you can also start your design from zero.
This is the best prepared tool for cooktops and furniture designs, and it counts on a powerful range of colours.
It’s a tool which, personally, is particularly very difficult to use at mobile version. You can use it to design the whole home, but it has a speacial model for the kitchen
For 3D online kitchen designs. It has such a level of detail that you can even add kitchen tools.
Finally, don’t forget that in iLuxenio, we have plenty of experience at remodelling with the best architects of the market, to help you with one part of the home as the kitchen is, or for several. Giving special relevance to design exclusivity and energy efficiency.
For further information about this subject don’t hesitate to contact us to email@example.com
iLuxenio, leaders in exclusive and sustainable construction.